The essential purpose of this TSUNAA Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness Committee is to develop and implement a organizational strategic plan for the TSUNAA, its regions and chapters, to align with and support Tennessee State University in becoming Tennessee’s premier, public, comprehensive, urban university:
- To align the TSUNAA in supporting TSU’s student recruitment and retention goals of its 20-year Academic Master Plan (AMP).
- To align the TSUNAA in supporting TSU to address its long-term facility needs as note in the 20-year Facilities Master Plan (FMP).
- To align the TSUNAA in supporting TSU’s 5-year Strategic Plan.
- To align the TSUNAA in supporting TSU’s plans to increase student enrollment from year to year, starting in 2010.
- To provide the TSUNAA workable, proven recommendations to change and improve the direction of the Association’s present course of operation.
- To determine the TSUNAA’s effectiveness in achieving the goals contained in TSUNAA strategic plan, and to recognize regional and chapters efforts as a result.
This plan is to provide a vehicle which will allow for all operations of the TSUNAA and its associated chapters to be align their program, committees, recruiting and fundraising efforts. The intent of this plan is to reshape the TSUNAA into a ‘purpose and objective’ driven organization, which is relevant in addressing the critical long-term needs and issues of the students, university and alumni.
Why is Strategic Planning, and instituting a Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness Committee essential for the TSUNAA?
- Establishes a clear set of goals and action steps that applies for all levels of the TSUNAA
- Focuses the work of the alumni association so that we are all working by the same purpose (One TSUNAA).
- Clarifies/specifies the work of the TSUNAA (our and our university’s brand) in the locations where our alumni and their chapters are located
- Supports continuity of objectives, goals, procedures and process from one TSUNAA presidential administration to the next.
Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness Committee Goals:
- To compose the strategic plan developed by the TSUNAA Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness Committee, to be approved by the TSUNAA Executive Board.
- To facilitate the organizational assessment and analysis that will be executed by the TSUNAA Strategic Planning and Organizational Effectiveness Committee.
- To design and implement the survey of students, university staff and alumni.
- To collaboratively develop measurable performance indicators at all levels of the TSUNAA.
- To monitor the implementation of the strategic plan and provide feedback to the Board on the performance indicators.
- To facilitate updating and changes to the strategic plan on a cyclical basis.